• Apply papaya pulp evenly all over the head and strands. Let it stay for forty five minutes. Wash your head with luke warm water. Use a mild shampoo afterwards.
• A mixture of coconut milk and egg white is also effective in treating split ends problem. Apply it onto your hair for around an hour and wash it with a mild shampoo.
• Apply natural honey on your hair and scalp. Leave it on your hair for about half an hour and then wash it with a very mild shampoo.
• Avocado oil is extremely beneficial for keeping hair shiny and getting rid of split ends. Massage it on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for one hour before washing it with a mild shampoo. Use this oil at least two times a week.
• Add 1 tsp honey to 2 tbsp of olive oil and beat it 1 egg yolk. Massage this on hair. Cover the head with shower cap for about 30 minutes. Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
• Massage hair and scalp with warm olive oil. Leave it for about 8 hours or overnight. Wash hair and rinse with vinegar/water solution. You can also mix honey with it. But if you plan to do so then do not leave it overnight.
• Take half cup olive oil and half cup boiling water. Pour them into a large glass bottle or jar with a lid. Shake well till the oil is emulsified. Massage it into hair. Put a shower cap on your head and wrap a hot towel over it. Leave the mixture on your hair for about half hour and then shampoo it as usual.
• Add 1 tsp. each of mustard oil, castor oil and olive oil into a small container and mix well. Put the mixture on your scalp, massage it in well and let sit for 30 minutes.
Split ends can be prevented by:
• Trimming off the ends with breakage.
• Avoid brushing wet hair. However a wide-toothed comb can be used for detangling wet hair.
• Avoiding sun exposure.
• Avoiding over-brushing, chemical processing and heat styling.
• Also avoid too much coloring or perming.